The following questions may be answered verbally with your assessor or you may write down your answers. Please discuss this with your assessor before you commence. Short Answers are required which is approximately 4 typed lines = 50 words, or 5 lines of handwritten text.
Your assessor will take down dot points as a minimum if you choose to answer them verbally.
Answer the following questions either verbally with your assessor or in writing.
Question 1. Why must you confirm food production requirements with standard recipes and food preparation lists?
Question 2. How do you calculate ingredient amounts to requirements?
Question 3. How do you ensure the cleanliness of equipment before use?
Question 4 Explain how to safely assemble equipment.
Question 4 How do you use knives and other equipment safely?
Question 5Explain how to thaw frozen poultry in line with food safety guidelines.
Question 6 Why must you sort and assemble in food production sequencing?
Question 7How do you create portions according to recipes?
Question 8 Explain three (3) poultry preparation techniques when following standard recipe requirements.
Question 9 How can you minimize waste in the kitchen?
Question 10 List four (4) poultry accompaniments.
Question 11Why must you adjust marinating poultry?
Question 12 Why must you adjust marinating poultry?
Question 13 What food quality adjustments may need to be made when cooking?
Question 14 Explain the correct way to carve breast meat.
Question 15. List the appropriate tools to be used when carving poultry.
Question 16. Discuss how to portion and serve poultry.
Question 17. What sauces may be added to poultry dishes?
Question 18. What garnishes may be added to poultry dishes?
Question 19. Why must you visually evaluate and adjust the poultry dish?
Question 20. Explain the procedure when it comes to cleaning the work area.
Question 21. Discuss how to dispose of or store surplus and reusable by-products
Assessment 1 – Project
Your task is to write the answers to each of the following questions. Answers should exceed 50 words but no more than 100 words for each question:
- Discuss the culinary terms and trade names for:
a. Four (4) ingredients commonly used in the production of different poultry dishes
b. Four (4) classical and contemporary poultry dishes
c. Four (4) different cuts of poultry and styles of cooking
2. Identify the contents of stock date codes and rotation labels.
3. What are the characteristics of four (4) poultry products and 4 poultry dishes?
4. What is the historical and cultural origin of different poultry products and poultry dishes?
5. Identify the essential characteristics of poultry types including:
6. Discuss two (2) preparation techniques for different cuts and types of poultry.
7. Identify four (4) cookery methods for different cuts and types of poultry.
8. Identify four (4) pieces of equipment used to produce poultry dishes.
9. Briefly describe how you would care and maintain your knives.
10. List two (2) pieces of equipment and discuss the features and functions of each one and the safe operating practices used for each one.
11. Identify the miseen place requirements for poultry dishes?
12. What are the appropriate environmental conditions for storing poultry products and dishes to ensure the foods safety and to optimise the shelf life?