This is a report that will cover the rules concepts and sequences, analysing every detail of event management in the hospitality industry for people understand how to do the event.
- EVENT BRIEF AND CONCEPT:
The event is a networking meeting with many participants at a defined location.
Organizing an event as an implementer will plan the constructions and development to attract more participants and know the purpose of the plan.
Purpose: We can rely on the organization of this event to increase the friendship with the customers and will be able to progress to bring the hotel further and thrive in the market.
Event organizers need to be smart and creative to be able to bring a deep impression to customers.
In the process of organizing an event, the organizer needs to create a perfect task scheduling and time schedule.
Every year, every time when a hotel offers a theme, the person of industry who is always in charge of organizing the event always needs to make an event that is not simple or something like someone else’s or old style AND SPECIAL SAFETY IS ABOVE.
Whether the event is convenient or not depends on the organizer. Need to invest in promoting images to attract customers and always have a backup plan to organize when the organization or the number of guests is not as planned.
3. THEME & MENU:
This report will cover the process of organizing an event, a networking meeting for everyone at Beacon. Therefore, in this exchange, I will propose a good holiday to be able to facilities the organizing of this exchange event.
As an international student who is experience a new course in a different foreign environment, I would like to apply for the Friendship Day nomination.
You maybe wonder why I chose this holiday, so I will explain:
- The first is that I am working in an environment that includes all foreign students including India, China, Malaysian and so on.
- This second thing is to work with all the different cultures and to study the same hotel management industry, so I thought about why not choose this friendship to learn more traditional, their national culture. We can apply these experiences to make it easier for our customer in the future.
- And the third one is that it is suitable for all ages.
Friend’s Day was established on July 30 is the official international holiday and abbreviated to IDF. This is an international day celebrate the friendship between countries and the day chosen by the United Nations. In Southern South America, there are many countries that celebrate a lot on this holiday, especially in Poraguay. The first place of international Friendship was proposed in 1958.
This international day can be applied to social events between people from different countries and perfect to get to know each other.
I went through the basics of simple dishes that could be serve to customers.
Below is a reference table for selecting food and beverage options for event catering.
(The following dishes are suitable for guests from different countries)
|Appetizer will include: The above dishes can be divided into categories for vegetarians and non-vegetarians.||French fries with a common sauce if customers want.Egg sandwichSalad|
|Beverage||Milo will be divided into hot and cold according to guests’ habits|
|Ingredlent||Unit||Unit size||Unit Price||Qty requlred||Multipller||Total|
|Cost (Per pax)||0.38$|
|Add on Disposable Cost||1$||$2.2|
+Ice lemon tea
- MAKERTING ACTIVITY – DESIGN: MARKETING MATERIALS:
5. CREATING BUDGETS – DISH & MENU COSTINGS, DECORATION AND SET UP, ENTERTAIMENT:
The following is the data sheet for each ingredient that will be processed into dishes for customers:
MATERIAL COMPOSITION PREPARED FOR THE MENU:
- Sandwich Egg or Chicken:
- Gardenia Enriched White Bread): $4.80, 1200g 2 pack
- Dasoon Premium Fresh Eggs): $3.85, 900g (15 per pack)
- CB mixed Vegetables: $2.61, 1000g (1 pack)
- Fresh Tomatoes: $1.85, 600g 1 pack
- Pasar Local Lettuce: $2.60, 440g 2 pack
- Kewpie Kewpie Japan Mayonaise Tube: $1.60, 50g 1 pack
- Farmland Frozen Premium Fries Shoestring: $3.95, 1kg 1 pack
- Maggie Chill Sauce: $2.35, 500g 1 bottle
- Maggie Tomato Sauce: $1.95, 475g 1 bottle
- Milo Instant Chocolate Malt Drink Power Refill: $3.65, 400g 1 pack
- Khong Guan Assortment Biscuits – Assorted: $5.90, 600g 2 pack
MAERIALS FOR EVENT DECORATION, SET UP AND ENTERTAIMENT:
We can create a program of each country’s cultural life and history, food, and lifestyle, as well as get to know more each other more instead of decorating the books.
Print out the most unique historical, cultural, life and food images in each country.
The decoration part will use balloons.
6. KITCHEN & FHO SET-UP & DESIGN:
7. TABLE PLAN AND VENUE SET UP:
The table of my intended plans is shown below.
The first thing I would do ask for permission from other interns to help me with the organization of this event and then I would assign them into groups:
Group 1 will promote the image event and send invitations to customers and will also be the MC of this event.
Group 2 will design graphics, cultural. Historical, lifestyle and language information projects about different countries.
Group 3 I will give them decoration materials to prepare for the event.
Group 4 will go clean and rearrange the room selected for the event.
In Group 5, I will divide the people who know how to cook will go to clean the kitchen and put up recipes and guide the process of preparing drinks for other trainees.
Group 6 will prepare entrance and exit sign and emergency prevention equipment.
Me and other staff members tracked the situation of each group and helped to see what groups issues had to resolve
VENUE SET UP:
The venue will be held at:
- Beacon Hotel (70 Martaban RD, Singapore)
- Room number: 3
8. ROLE & WORK SECHDULE-LABOUR PLAN & RUNNING ORDER FOR THE DAY:
ROLE & WORK SECHDULE-LABOUR PLAN:
(The hour I split up like this are suitable for those staff who are in a situation far from home to school)
Before the start of the event I and the other staff members will be check around the event room again and I will ask group 3 to prepare food.
(In terms of preparing food early, it will not waste time on lunch time)
I will ask the security-oriented group to be safe and secure to check the accident prevention equipment and prepare antibacterial solutions and hand sanitizers.
- Will begin the opening event for customers attending. We will carefully check each guest before letting them enter the event.
- In the meantime, when customers come to the party, the person in charge of the video presentation will open the music for the event.
- And those who specialize in the areas of information presentation will explain to customers more about the environment, lifestyle, cultural history of other countries.
- During that time, the waiter or waitress will serve customers with drinks.
- Time to serve the dish for customers.
- During the period when customers are full, MC will start introducing and greeting customers and showing videos about each country’s ethnic culture.
- Start hours of entertainment for customers.
- Staff will rest for 15 minutes.
- Exchange time and there will be staff who guide customers to write good wishes to the hotel.
When the number of customers as planned has been reached, the event will close and clean up the decorations and clean the event room and clean the kitchen and outside.
9. MOOD BOARD – TO BE PRESENTED TO THE CLIENT FOR APPROVAL:
Of course, when organizing such an event, of course we will make the case below:
About this program, we will also make a rating board for customers to paste stickers to select and feel about the event.
In March 2020, I experienced an internship in an exchange event called International Women’s Day and was held in Beacon with the participation of everyone.
The reason for the event is because they want to convey all the beautiful images of the culture of all women around the world and with the merits and accomplishments they make.
Having experienced the internship event in March. I had some experience to be able to organize and exchange event with a new and unique style.
11. PROVIDE AN INDIVIDUAL REFLECTION OF THE LEARNING PROCESS:
12. COMPLETE A PEER ASSESSMENT REVIEW FORM: