Assignment II Briefing
Corporate and Business Strategy
Corporate strategy consultancy work
Under the scenario of this task we assume that you are working in consultancy firm advising clients on corporate strategy decision making.
Your chosen firm for the group project (e-poster) will be the firm to apply this assignment to.
You have been approached by the MD (Managing Director) of your chosen firm, who has been challenged by a group of stakeholders and has to provide a response to them which combines your corporate strategy knowledge from the following areas:
1) Identifying & Evaluating Strategic Options.
2) Global strategy and the Multinational Enterprise
3) Reviewing the Strategy & Developing an Implementation Plan
4) Strategies in the Face of Failure
5) Coherence, Disruption and Strategic Change
- Various stakeholders are seeking reassurance that the strategic options the firm is taking in terms of its business and corporate level strategies are based on solid foundations. Applying this to your knowledge on the identification and evaluation of strategic options, link the discussion to your chosen company and provide a response that the MD can take to the stakeholders.
- Further, some stakeholders want to better understand the dimensions the firm needs to consider when deciding on its future cross-border (international) strategy. Applying this to the discussion on global strategies, link the discussion to your chosen company and provide a response that the MD can take to the stakeholders.
- Also, the stakeholders want to understand how you as managers regularly review the corporate portfolio of the firm. By applying the BCG or McKinsey matrix to your chosen organization provide a response that the MD can take to the stakeholders.
- Finally, many stakeholders want to have an understanding how managers manage incremental change and would manage radical change in the face of potential failure. Applying this to the discussion on strategic change make a link to your chosen company and provide a response that the MD can take to the stakeholders.
The report should include:
- Title page (does not count towards word count)
- Contents page (does not count towards word count)
- Executive Summary (10% max of total word count) (does not count towards word count)
- Response to questions/advice for the MD (word count 2000 words)
- List of References (does not count towards word count)
- Optional: List of Figures (does not count towards word count)